PUNJABI BURGER WITH AMAYA'S INDIAN KETCHUP
1.5 tsp canola oil
1 red onion, cut into .5 inch thick slices
2 tsp ground black pepper
2 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp dried thyme
.5 tsp garlic powder
.5 tsp cayenne pepperv .5 tsp onion powder
Amaya's Indian Ketchup
1. Mix all ingredients for the burger and set aside for 20 minutes. Divide the meat into 4 equal portions.
2. Heat the oil in a sauté pan or griddle, preferably cast iron, over high heat until the oil begins to shimmer.
3. Cook the burgers until they are slightly charred, about 4-6 minutes. Turn the burgers over, lower the heat to medium and continue cooking until golden brown and slightly charred on the second side, about 4-6 minutes.
4. Remove the burgers to a plate and tent loosely with aluminum foil.
5. Add the onion to the pan and cook over medium high heat until slightly softened, about 2 minutes per side.
6. Place the burgers on the bun bottoms and top with onion slices and some Amaya's Indian Ketchup sauce. Cover with the bun tops and serve immediately.