BBQ'D Half Chicken
2 x 750 – 800 g chickens, skinned and cut lengthwise in half
1 12.6 oz bottle Amaya's Butter Chicken Sauce
For BBQ marinade for chicken
2 tbsp vegetable or corn oil
1 tbsp cayenne powder
2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
1 tbsp ground cumin
1.5 tsp salt
1.5 ground coriander
250 g (1 cup) plain yogurt
1.5 tsp salt
Juice of 1 lemon
FOR THE SAUCE
.5 cup single cream
1 tsp dried fenugreek leaves (optional)
30 g unsalted butter
1. Wash the chicken halves, dry them on kitchen paper, then make incisions in the breast and legs at approximately 5cm (2-inch) intervals with the tip of a sharp knife.
2. Combine all ingredients for the marinade in a large bowl, add the chicken pieces and mix well, thread the chicken on to a bamboo or metal skewers and place in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
3. Place the chicken skewers on a medium-hot barbeque and cook for 10-12 minutes on each side, until cooked through or you could cook them under a hot grill.
4. Meanwhile tip the sauce in a pan with single cream, butter & dried fenugreek leaves; simmer for 5-6 minutes.
5. Pour the sauce over the barbequed chicken and serve with naan bread.
Hemant's note: Dried fenugreek leaves are available at any Amaya Express or Indian grocery store.