Lamb or Beef Madras
600 g boneless beef chuck steak, cut into 1 inch cubes or 600 g boned leg of lamb cut in 1 inch cubes.
12.6 oz bottle Amaya Coconut Curry Sauce
For the marinade
250 g (1 cup) plain yoghurt
3 green cardamom pods
.5 tsp black peppercorns
1 inch piece of fresh ginger, grated
3 garlic cloves
1 tbsp ground cumin
1tbsp ground coriander
2 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp cayenne powder
1. Wash the diced lamb or beef under cold running water, then drain and pat dry on kitchen paper.
2. Mix together all the ingredients. For the marinade, add the meat and set aside for 15-20 minutes.
3. Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based pan, add the marinated meat and stir over a high heat for 10-12 minutes, until the edges of the meat start to brown.
4. Cook for a further 6 minutes or until the juices have dried up.
5. Add Amaya's Coconut Curry Sauce and sour cream and simmer for another 5 minutes.
If desired, sprinkle chopped cilantro.
Serve warm over basmati rice or with naan bread.
Hemant's note: Amaya's Garam Masala is available at any Amaya Express location or an Indian grocery store.